Monday, June 10, 2013

OT Justin Murphy Joins Texas Tech's Class

(h/t DallasNews.com)

Texas Tech picked up #13 this afternoon in Belton, TX offensive tackle Justin Murphy.  Murphy is considered a 3-star prospect by 247Sports, a 2-star by Rivals, and hasn't been ranked yet by Scout.com.  Besides Tech, Murphy had offers from SMU, North Texas, New Mexico, Rice, along with others.  The 6'6/275 prospect seems pretty happy about his commitment to Tech per an interview with RedRaidersSports.com($):
"I've known in my heart that I've wanted to commit for a long time. Texas Tech is where I want to be as an offensive lineman. It's crazy. I wanted to commit because I know there are a limited number of spots, and I know that's where I want to be. I just had to talk it over. I talked to the coaches, my mom, my dad, my grandparents, and I guess that today is as good of a day as any.
And his announcement via Twitter:
I'm short on time because of all the other Big 12 recruiting news, but check Viva The Matadors later today as I'm sure they'll have a much more detailed post.

No comments:

Post a Comment