Sunday, June 9, 2013

Baylor Continues Hot Streak, DT Ira Lewis Commits

(h/t Fansided.com)
Baylor is on fire.

Baylor picked up their 12th commitment since the start of May in Houston DT Ira Lewis today.  Lewis was once committed to the hometown Cougars, but switched to Baylor today, two weeks after they offered.  Besides Houston and Baylor, the 6'3/260 prospect has offers from Boise State, Tulsa, SMU, and New Mexico State.  Last year, he totaled 12 sacks for Houston Lamar.  Because I'm short on time, below is what he had to say to SicEmSports.com($) about Baylor:
"I like how they rotate defensive players and how fast they play,'' Lewis said. "They want their guys to be fresh against these spread offenses. But everything really changed when I saw them at the camp, I really got see what they do and got a great feel with how the coaches get after their players. They challenge them. I loved seeing how coach Chris Achuff worked.''

No comments:

Post a Comment