Thursday, June 13, 2013

WR Dorian Leonard is #16 for Texas

(h/t news-journal.com)
Longview wideout Dorian Leonard committed to the Texas Longhorns earlier today.  As the title states, this is the 16th overall commit for the Horns and the fourth WR in this year's class.  According to 247Sports, Leonard has other offers from Florida State, Oregon State, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma (the school many experts thought he was going to go to).  The 6'4/200 WR caught 21 passes last year for over 400 yards and 4 TDs.  Both Rivals and 247Sports list Leonard as a 3-star prospect and both have him as a top 5 receiver in the state of Texas.  In an interview with HornsNation.com, Leonard described what kind of player Texas is getting:
“I'm a big, physical receiver,” Leonard said. “I'm a big target to get to, and I have good hands. It feels real good to know I'm a Texas commit and I have a college to go to. I wanted to get committed so I can go back to working hard on the field.”
As I mentioned, this is already the fourth receiver in the class (third if Garret Gray moves to TE), but as the linked article mentions, the Horns will still continue recruiting Armanti Foreman and Emanuel Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment