Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Baylor Commit Davion Hall's Recruitment Far From Over

New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema is actively recruiting Baylor commit Davion Hall.
Davion Hall, a top 10 player in Texas and a top 100 overall player, is the headliner so far in Baylor's 2014 class.  He committed to Baylor back in early February, but as the title suggests, several teams are vying to lure Hall away from Baylor.  247Sports lists Hall's commitment as "soft" on his profile.  The two biggest threats to Art Briles?  A pair of SEC West programs; Arkansas and Texas A&M.

Hall checked out the Arkansas program back in March and will be in Fayetteville this weekend to attend their spring game.  An advantage that Arkansas has is the fact that his cousin, who was also his teammate last year, is on the Arkansas track team.  Hall is an elite player on both sides of the ball and Arkansas may let him play both ways in college($):
"He told me if I wanted to play both ways then that's a possibility," Hall said. "He told me my first year he's just going to let me stick with offense and see how I like it. He wants me to get used to the offense they're running, and then my next year he said if everything is going well he'll let me play defense, too.
He has also been in College Station twice since he committed to Baylor including attending their spring game.  Like with Arkansas, Hall also has a close relationship with Tra Carson, who is a current RB for the Aggies.  Below is an excerpt from an interview Hall had with AggieYell.com($) on his recruitment:
"Everyone always says that I'm committed to Baylor but I look at it totally differently," said the 6 foot 3, 180 pound Hall. "I didn't sign with them. At first, a lot of schools were coming in like A&M and they were talking to me a lot. When I committed, they quit. I'm going to stay committed and look around."
So while Baylor fans should be ecstatic that one of the best players in Texas is committed to them, don't be completely shocked if he ends up signing with another school next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment